The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation Emerging Leader Award provides grant support to early-to-mid-career investigators conducting high-impact, high-reward translational research for glioblastoma. This award is intended to support ambitious pilot projects designed to identify drug strategies appropriate for early-phase pharmacodynamic- and pharmacokinetic-driven clinical trials in partnership with the Ivy Brain Tumor Center.
- A PhD, MD or equivalent is required.
- Projects appropriate for this award must focus on one of more potential therapies with attributes suitable for a future Phase 0-type trial.
- Only one submission per applicant is permitted every calendar year.
- This award is not intended to be the main source of funding for the applicant’s laboratory. Applicants must have multi-year independent funding that sustains the central studies of the laboratory (e.g., one or two grants such as NIH/R01, NSF/CAREER, or equivalently substantial multi-year awards).
- Applicants need not be U.S. citizens, but must be employed by a U.S. non-profit academic institution.
- The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
- $500,000 total, payments received according to completed milestones
- Project duration is 24 months
- Indirect costs not to exceed 10% (included in award total)
- January 15, 2020: Letter of Intent Due Date
- March 1, 2020: Notification of LOI Acceptance by Ivy Foundation
- April 1, 2020: Application Due Date
- May 15, 2020: Selection of Awardees
- June 15, 2020: Signed Agreements Due
- July 1, 2020: Award Start Date
Letter of Intent required on portal – www.ivyfoundation.org
- Project Title
- Project Summary Abstract (350 words)
- Principal Investigator’s Biography
- List of All Current Funding (including project description and direct costs per year)
Our focus at the Ivy Foundation is to select the best grants and to monitor these projects through full implementation. Due to the volume of applicants, we do not provide specific feedback of why an application was declined. All applications are de-identified and anonymously peer-reviewed, with selection based on the highest-scoring grant reflective of the mission of our Foundation. Our grant selection process is not negotiable.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.