The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation Emerging Leader Award provides grant support to early-to-mid-career investigators (within ten years of beginning initial faculty appointment) conducting high-impact, high-reward translational research for glioma. This award is intended to support ambitious pilot projects designed to identify drug strategies appropriate for early-phase pharmacodynamic- and pharmacokinetic-driven clinical trials in partnership with the Ivy Brain Tumor Center.
- A PhD, MD or equivalent is required.
- Projects appropriate for this award must focus on one of more potential therapies with attributes suitable for a future Phase 0-type trial.
- Only one submission per applicant is permitted every calendar year.
- This award is not intended to be the main source of funding for the applicant’s laboratory.
- Applicants must have multi-year independent funding that sustains the central studies of the laboratory (e.g., one or two grants such as NIH/R01, NSF/CAREER, or equivalently substantial multi-year awards).
- Applicants need not be U.S. citizens, but must be employed by a U.S. non-profit academic institution.
- The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
- $500,000 total, payments received at initiation and completion of project
- Project duration is 24 months
- Indirect costs not to exceed 10% (included in award total)
- March 1, 2021: Application Due Date (Please do not send before January 1, 2021)
- May 1, 2021: Selection of Awardees
- June 15, 2021: Signed Agreements Due
- July 1, 2021: Award Start Date
Application Information Required
- Contact Information (name, phone, address, email, and assistant contact information)
- Project Title
- Project Description
- 4 page maximum including graphs, photos, etc.
- Minimum 10-point font size
- Principal Investigator’s Biography
- 6 page maximum
- NIH Biosketch
- List of All Current Funding
- 50-word project description, affiliated parties, and direct costs per year
Our focus at the Ivy Foundation is to select the best grants and to monitor these projects through full implementation. Due to the volume of applicants, we do not provide specific feedback of why an application was denied. All applications are de-identified and anonymously peer-reviewed, with selection based on the highest grant reflective of the mission of our Foundation. Our grant selection process is not negotiable.
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION TO: INFO@IVYFOUNDATION.ORG